I gave the static grass areas a quick vacuum which naturally neatened up their appearance. Here I flipped the module around so the front would be against the background to show the grass better from a lower viewing angle.
|Lower angle view|
|Top view right above light source.|
I also got out some Bragdon weathering powders and rubbed some dark rust along the front set of rails using a small microbrush. This really helped make the joint bars visible like I questioned in Part 2 of this module project. I'm a little more enamored by the joint bars now and would like to try out the ones from Precision Design Co. to help make a final decision on how best to use them in the future.
|Front track weathered with Bragdon powders.|
I just hope at either place I don't have to explain why I need a specific texture...
And lastly I wanted to share while investigating static grass techniques I stumbled upon the work of Martin Welburg. His work with static grasses to build very fine looking trees, bushes and weedy fields is completely out of this world.
Here's a link to a 21 page thread where he shows tons of photos of his work and how he did it.
It's totally worth looking at all 21 pages if you use or plan to use static grasses.
Quick links to the rest of this Series
Scenery Test Module Part 2
Scenery Test Module Part 3
Scenery Test Module Part 4
Scenery Test Module Part 5
Scenery Test Module Part 5a