Not much progress to report lately. Any train time I have right now is usually spent either trying out manual turnout throw solutions or running trains with my son up and down the 50 or so feet of mainline. I did however do some layout cleaning as I prepare to start laying track at Adena. It's amazing how much stuff can accumulate on open spaces not filled with track.
Speaking of Adena, I tired of seeing the void behind the yard area where a hillside should be (see the above blog banner photo for the hill view). So with only 30 or so minutes to spare one evening, I started a side project to begin filling that area with a pink foam hillside.
The above photo shows the small start to the hill over looking Adena, the end product will be bigger, hence the tiny construction report. At least now the large void is covered up behind the yard. I've found hot glue works just fine for gluing pink foam together, you just need to work quickly and have extra glue sticks handy. And yes I did move the Berkshires shortly after realizing they were perilously in harms way.
This is one of things I love about building a layout, there is always a small project that can be worked on in small time slots aside from whatever are the current main goals.