As it turns out late in the summer I did end up working on the layout but only to disassemble three sections due to a couple basement emergencies. Our main drain pipe needed snaked out which called for the removal of the Pine Valley Yard peninsula. Then only a week later the air conditioning failed which called for the removal of two sections between Adena Yard and Pine Valley to allow access to the back of the furnace just in case. Luckily only a few pounds of freon needed added and we avoided a costly replacement for now. Thankfully I had the foresight to design these sections to be removed if necessary. However I did not precut the rails between sections so there was a frantic night with a Dremel cutoff tool before the drain people and later HVAC people came.
|Mainline sections between Adena and Pine Valley removed and shown above, the Pine Valley Yard peninsula has been removed at right.|
|Union Pacific "Big Boy" 4014 though Wheaton, IL Chris Ellis photo.|
|BNSF intermodal at Rochelle, IL Chris Ellis photo|
|Illinois Railway Museum, Frisco 1630 Chris Ellis photo|
|W&LE 0-6-0 Builders Plate at the Illinois Railway Museum, Chris Ellis photo|
|CSX intermodal at Folkston, GA Chris Ellis photo|
|NS SD70ACe 1022 at Cassandra, PA, Chris Ellis photo|
|NS AC44C6M 4002 at Cassandra, PA, Chris Ellis photo|
|NS Illinois Terminal "The Glow Worm" heritage engine at Cassandra, PA, Chris Ellis photo|
|NS Monongahela heritage engine pushing at Horse Shoe Curve, Altoona, PA, Chris Ellis photo|
As of today only the shower grout work and some minor details remain to complete the bathroom remodel. So my hope is by the end of February I'll have the basement back in order and ready for layout work to resume!