Thursday, August 29, 2024

A Quick Carpet Project

 After a few months building the new yard at Dillonvale, my aching feet and back realized the need for some cushioning from the hard concrete basement floor. I have a large area rug that covers most of the basement except for the new construction area.

I've read about other modelers using carpet squares for cheap, easy and replaceable basement carpeting. So I made a quick trip to the local Menards and found they had a small mountain of carpet tile "seconds" for a very reasonable price. The space I needed to fill was about 6" by 6" so I'd need nine of the 2" square tiles. Lucky for me I found nine matching tiles in a dark color I had in mind.

Carpet Tile seconds at Menards

Once back home I used some extra strips of no-skid drawer liners under the tiles to keep the carpet from sliding around. For roughly $25 this was a pretty small but nice upgrade to the train room and my feet will thank me for it!

Finished Carpet Tiles


No comments:

Post a Comment