Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Not So Wordless Wednesday #56

Before I get down to business cutting plywood and foam I thought it would be a good idea to check how my track layout for Adena looked in photos. I mocked up a few models and snapped a few pictures with my phone.

2-6-6-2 on the east leg of the Adena wye waiting on a 2-8-4 sitting by the train order office.
The Adena Branch curves off to the left on the wye, the main line curves right then around the walls in the back. The 2-6-6-2 would be sitting partially a long curved trestle bridge.
Overview of the scene
I can tell the amount of compression needed to recreate the east end of Adena yard and the wye will makes certain views less than ideal, but over all I'm happy with the results. A few tweaks and I'll be ready to make templates to use for cutting.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you are able to start putting some rolling stock and track down for mockups. Essential step before you start permanently attaching stuff to the benchwork. I have a long way to go before I can do that. Nice collection of power there by the way. How does that articulated do on the curves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The NKP articulated is sitting on a 30" radius curve for the east leg of the wye. It takes that curve just fine but I thought it would look better doing it. The west leg of the wye is much tighter at 24" but that's necessary to make it all fit. I don't have large passenger cars to worry about just hoppers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,

    I like how this design is coming together.

    Are you planning on putting the Adena Tunnel portal between the staging yard and the wye?

    The features you're showing will allow for early operations as the Adena branch grows. Would love to help out, if you'd like some.

    Tim Moran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tim! I could add the Adena tunnel portal but it wouldn't be seen due to the hill that will block the view of the mainline's exit.

    Yep that's the idea you helped nudge along. Adena will be "homebase" and everything else gets added on in phases.

    As soon as I need it you're more than welcome to help out!

    ReplyDelete