Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Not So Wordless Wednesday #64

Just a quick word on what I've been up to the past few weeks.

I've been on the brink of starting some measurable benchwork construction for what feels like since late December. In that time I've built the needed L-girders for part of the Adena wye that spans the corner area and figured out all the rest of the needed measurements, like the bridge depth in last weeks Wordless Wednesday.

What's slowing things down to a crawl is the sudden need to change careers from newspapers to Information Technology. While this was always my goal, the loss of a major account and the subsequent reduction in available work has greatly accelerated those plans.

Luckily my timing is good, as I finished a Associates Degree in Computer Information Systems from the University of Akron in December and recently passed my CompTIA A+ certification test right when I'll need them the most.

No worries, I'm pretty positive I'll find a fresh start somewhere in my chosen field. Naturally this process has taken away a lot of hobby time, but the moments I do get are a nice stress relief.

Isn't that what hobbies are for after all?

With more time to tweak the Adena scene, I shifted everything but the river space to the right 3 inches. This allows a 2-6-6-2 to fit in between the east wye switch and the bridge on the branch line. A planned water plug will now be able to reach an engine's tender while resting on the Adena branch.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get settled in your new career path soon so I can see that 2-6-6-2 pulling a coal drag on your layout. It's a giveth-taketh situation when you try to balance time & resources to support a hobby with the need to devote time & resources to supporting a family at the same time. Now I know why so many model railroaders are retirement age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah no kidding about retirement, but thats far away for me at least!

    ReplyDelete