Saturday, January 21, 2017

Construction Report: January 21, 2017

I finished the removable section in front of the Fuse box yesterday. I needed to add two pieces of styrene to shim a bit of a sideways wiggle due to a bigger gap than expected with the triangular key pieces. Now it fits perfectly and is very stable. All this will be topped with the 1 1/2 pink foam I've been using. I'll probably use a hot knife to get a nice separation of the foam for the removable section. This way it will remain easy to lift out for when someone decides to use the George Foreman Grill and Toaster at the same time.

Photos below.





3 comments:

  1. Chris,

    I have several styles of "quick connect" wiring connectors that you can have whenever you're ready to wire that section. Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks surprisingly simple and very effective! I could've use this idea in a couple of places myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Chris A. Looks a heck of a lot easier and foolproof than some of the Rube Goldberg methods I've seen out there.

    One question though - how permanent is the section on the right - it looks like it covers the lower right corner panel cover screw? Shouldn't be a big deal unless you need access to the inside of the electric panel though.

    ReplyDelete